MOUND CITY — The 2019 Linn County Fair and Rodeo will feature a new truck demolition derby on Friday, Aug. 2, as part of the opening night derby entertainment.
The two-car team demolition derby will start at 8 p.m. Friday in the fairgrounds arena. The truck demolition derby will be part of that opening night derby action.
In addition to the new event, the fairgrounds will sport some new amenities that include a new, larger bathroom and shower facility located by the poultry and rabbit barn.
Many of the favorites will be back as well, including the traditional demolition derby, the Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull and the PRCA Championship Rodeo.
The following are just a few of the highlights from each day of the Aug. 2-10 fair:
- Friday, Aug. 2 — 8 p.m. two-car demolition derby and truck demolition derby, arena.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 — 7:30 p.m. queen coronation, followed at 8 p.m. by the traditional demolition derby, arena.
- Sunday, Aug. 4 — 12:30 p.m. 4-H dog show, multi-purpose building; 8 p.m. Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pull, arena.
- Monday, Aug. 5 — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. 4-H foods and nutrition, 4-H building; 1 p.m. photography, visual arts and fiber arts, 4-H building.
- Tuesday, Aug. 6 — 4 p.m. sheep show, livestock show arena; 6 p.m. 4-H goat show, livestock show arena.
- Wednesday, Aug. 7 — 11 a.m. 4-H/FFA open class dairy show, livestock show arena; 1:30 p.m. 4-H bucket calf showmanship, livestock show arena; 7 p.m. 4-H/FFA swine show, livestock show arena.
- Thursday, Aug. 8 — 9 a.m. 4-H/FFA open beef show, livestock show arena; 2 p.m. 4-H horse show, indoor arena; 7 p.m. barnyard olympics, livestock show arena; 8 p.m. contemporary gospel show featuring the Hemphill Family Band, Blair building.
- Friday, Aug. 9 — 10 a.m. kids’ day, east of 4-H building; 4 p.m. 4-H/FFA awards presentation, indoor arena; 6 p.m. Rutlader Outpost Cowboy Church Band, Blair building; 8 p.m. PRCA Championship Rodeo, arena.
- Saturday, Aug. 10 — 10 a.m. livestock auction, livestock show arena; 5 p.m. Linn County Idol, Blair building; 8 p.m. PRCA Championship Rodeo, arena.